OCTOBER 3rd EAA YOUNG EAGLES EVENT AT KAFJ 10-4pm
The Washington Flyers Club and the EAA Chapter 842 (Fairmont WV) will be hosting a EAA Young Eagles Rally on Saturday October 4th from 10-4 weather permitting at the Washington County Airport. For those of you unfamiliar with the program, the EAA Young Eagles offers free airplane rides for youngsters 8-17 years old free of charge. Last year I gave 70 kids their first plane ride and it was a very rewarding experience. We are looking for about 5 members who could be volunteer pilots, below are the requirements.
Also any members who would like to help out around the staging areas, please let us know.
To fly passengers in the EAA Young Eagles® program, you must:
- Be an EAA member.
- Complete the EAA Youth Protection Policy, which includes a short training session and background check.
- Have a valid airman’s certificate (sport pilot or greater).
- Possess a current medical certificate (if applicable).
- Be current to carry passengers in the aircraft you plan to use.
- Have a current biennial flight review.
- Conduct flights in an aircraft that is in airworthy condition.
- Have Aircraft Passenger Liability Insurance for the aircraft used (owned, rented, or borrowed).
- Adhere to all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Complete a Young Eagles registration form before the flight, signed by you and a parent or legal guardian.
Your fuel for the event is covered by our sponsors. Pilot briefing will be 9:00am
Pilots will also need to fill out an info sheet for EAA 842 so you can get you on their roster.
Be sure to check the KAFJ Notams before flying at the airport
The Civil Air Patrol has moved it's meeting time to Thursday evening weekly
BasicMed is here... get the details
Get the latest scoop on ADS-B (what it is and what it means to you) VIEW PDF